The Long-Term Investment Outlook for Spanish Solar
Time: 14:30 - 15:10
Date: Day One of 2024 Solar Finance and Investment Europe Summit
Theatre: Stream Two
Spain has the largest solar pipeline in Europe with 100+ GW of projects already with grid approval. The country is now targeting 170GW of solar PV by 2030 following revisions to Spain’s National Energy and Climate Place (NECP).
- How are developers and investors preparing for the upcoming 2025 grid connection deadline? Will there be an extension?
- For upcoming grid access, what criteria must developers meet to find success?
- How are developers and investors navigating EPC shortfalls
- How are investors planning to shield their returns from price cannibalisation trends? How does this shift the long-term investment outlook in Spain?
- Capacity markets are on the horizon for Spain. How does this change the economics of hybrid and BESS projects?